Sports Massage Benefits
Sports Massage therapy provides a wide range of benefits, key benefits include:
- Improved sleep
- Pain relief and management
- Improved circulation and blood flow
- Promotes recovery and removes toxins from muscles.
- Both physical and mental relaxation
To maximise the benefits of a Sports Massage, it’s important to prepare beforehand. Our top preparation tips include:
- Ensure you are hydrated ahead of your appointment.
- Wear loose fitting clothing to make it easier for the therapist. For example, shorts can be a much better option, particularly when focusing on legs.
- Discuss any concerns or specific requests before your massage, as this allows our therapists to personalise your treatment in the most effective way.
Sports Massage Techniques
Our wonderful team of therapists have great knowledge and experience in Sports Massage therapy. They will often use a combination of different techniques, including:
Effleurage – This is often used at the beginning of the treatment and uses long, stroking movements.
Kneading – Pressure is applied by lifting the muscle and carrying out circular motions.
Wringing – Tissues are lifted upwards and gently moved from side to side, this increases blood flow and releases tension.
Hacking – This technique involves both hands facing inwards and light fast movement is then applied against the skin (often referred to as a chopping motion).
Trigger Pointing – Pressure is applied to a specific trigger point, to reduce pain and relieve muscle tightness. The thumb is usually used to apply this pressure, which in turn softens and relaxes muscles.
Book a Sports Massage
All our massage services are available in our Wakefield treatment room. In addition to this, all treatments can be booked as part of our onsite massage service from your workplace or event in and around Leeds and Wakefield.
Alternatively, if you would prefer to book a Sports Massage in Leeds, please call 07711 633 512 to find out more.